Data Protection Policy
Apple Construction Training Ltd is required to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the act) in relation to how we handle any personal data which we obtain from you. Any personal information gathered will only be used in the context of your employment or the business we conduct with you.
We may process all the information we obtain from you to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and we may request further information from third parties or disclose your details to other selected third parties such as Awarding Organisations or their regulators or industry bodies.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
To register on the website and/or to book a course, we ask for your name, company name, address, telephone number and email address. We may also ask you about you or your delegates’ gender, date of birth, National Insurance number and qualifications to understand more about you/them (depending on the course you wish to undertake). We will also store the results of your assessments relating to courses and content. If you contact us, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
When you make a purchase, our payment service provider, will also collect and process your credit card or other payment details. This data is held and processed in accordance with the PCI-DSS regulations. We may also collect data relating to your visits to the website that cannot identify you but records your use of our website and content including, but not limited to details of how long you have used the website, on which browser/device type and content. We may also collect your computer’s IP address to help us tailor the service to your location.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Apple Construction Training Limited is the controller of any personal data processed as described in this Policy.
We use your information for many purposes, including:
• To fulfil any contractual agreements between you and us
• To send you course-specific email notifications and updates about courses you are enrolled on
• In order to provide third party goods or services available through our website, including (but not limited to) confirmation of the courses you have participated in and/or the award you have achieved as a result (if applicable) for accreditation purposes
• Analyse your website behaviour
• To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
• To allow you to use the full range of features on or via our website
• Target our online advertising to your interests and preferences
• Measure and understand the effectiveness of our online content and marketing
• To contact you occasionally in order to invite you to share your opinions and experiences of Apple Construction Training Limited
• In order to contact you when your certificate/qualification is due for renewal
• If you have paid to take part in a course, to send you details of our other products and services which we think may interest you, unless you opt out
• To provide, maintain, protect and improve the quality of the website and content we offer, including by conducting anonymised market research
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• As required by law to third parties
• To third parties such as the Awarding Organisations who may use your personal data or sensitive personal data as appropriate to process your qualifications and awards
• To enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you by providing you with examination certificate
• If you opted into our marketing service, we will contact you directly about forthcoming events, courses, offers and programmes
We may share this information with selected third parties such as Awarding Organisations or their regulators or industry bodies for the following purposes:
1. To monitor equal opportunities relating to ethnicity or disability or for other such monitoring purposes
2. To account for candidates where there is requirement to do so
3. Where there is a requirement for such bodies to contact a candidate directly and the information is not readily accessible by other means
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
• Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting The Data Controller, Apple Construction Training Limited, Station Fields, Wharf Road, Fenny Compton, Southam CV47 2FE Tel: 01295 770 789 Email: email@example.com
• We have a contractual obligation
• We have a legal obligation
• We have a legitimate interest
How we store your personal information
We are committed to ensuring the security and protection of personal information that we process and provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection.
The information we collect from you is stored on our secure servers, on our computer systems and in hardcopy manual files.
Data storage of our customers is securely held within our systems and our staff are trained in GDPR compliance. We will never pass on or sell this information. No information of a sensitive nature is to be left unattended on desks and must be filed and locked away at the end of each day.
We have appointed a Data Controller who will oversee all contracts with external parties who in anyway come into contact with data that we collect from clients, staff and suppliers. They have received training on GDPR and will ensure the company takes its role around data security with the upmost importance.
Our Data Protection Officer is also able to carry out checks on any member of staff to ensure that they are complying with the company instructions given to the management of data.
Any requests for viewing of data held must be given to the Data Protection Officer to action.
All requests from Clients to be removed from mailing lists, must be actioned immediately and confirmation given to the Data Protection Officer that it has taken place as instructed.
We will not store your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purposes of processing. This means after we process your personal information, we will securely destroy your personal information from our records. In line with GDPR guidance, we will only further retain your personal information for a regulatory, legal or a specific business purpose. Our data retention periods will differ from service to service, dependent on the type of data and the purposes of processing. If you require specific retention schedules for your personal information, please contact us using the contact details above.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us as detailed above if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at as detailed above.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Our contact details
Name: Andrea Lafferty – Managing Director
Address: Station Fields, Wharf Road, Fenny Compton, Southam CV47 2FE
Phone Number: 01295 770 789