• Refresh on health and safety law, duties, responsibilities, enforcement and sanctions
• Overviews/explanations of relevant construction activity legislation
• Accident costs, causes, investigation, prevention and reporting requirements
• Risk assessment and ‘principles of prevention’
• Safety management systems, policies, plans, performance and measuring
• Management of Contractors
• Development of ‘safe systems of work’ and permit systems
• Effective communicating
• Behavioural science including awareness of human error
This course is for first line managers – those who have or are about to acquire managerial responsibilities. It provides an introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues for those requiring an understanding of their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will provide a sound knowledge base to enable them to give valuable assistance in safely managing a construction site. This course is a classroom based session with minor coursework and exam at the end of the second day.
If the candidate successfully passes the course by attending for 7.5 hours each of the 2 days and passing the end of course exam, they will receive the CITB accredited certificate which is valid for 5 years.
18/12/2017 & 19/12/2017, 01/03/2018 & 02/03/2018, 04/06/2018 & 05/06/2018,
03/09/2018 & 04/09/2018, 03/12/2018 & 04/12/2018
£295.00 p/p *CITB Grant = £100.00 p/p