The course is designed to show delegates how to:
- Recognise the health and safety features for Brush Cutters
- Correctly carry out all routine maintenance in accordance with the machine manufacturer’s instructions
- Select correct PPE
- Prepare the equipment for start from both hot and cold conditions
- Complete pre-cutting checks
- Identify hazards and risks of carrying out maintenance or operational tasks
- Maintain the trimmer and cutting heads
- Adjust the trimmer for safe and comfortable operation
- Select the correct cutting head for different operating conditions
- Operate the trimmer in a safe manner with regard for the safety of the public, for property and for environmental factors
- Organise the site and use a systematic method of working
On completion of this course delegates will have covered and understood the following:
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Personal protective equipment
- Health and safety features of a trimmer
- Power unit maintenance
- Fitting the different cutting attachments
- Harness adjustment and fuel
- Starting the trimmer and pre-cutting tests
- Precautions for site preparation and trimmer operations
- Trimmer operation
- Clearing the site and trimmer checks
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
This course is aimed at people working in agriculture, horticulture, landscaping and grounds maintenance.
Any Date, 1 weeks notice as a minimum.
£POA p/p *Available CITB Grant = £61.00p/p
For training course overviews, please click the relevant course title above. For course dates and costs, please view our current courses page or contact a member of our team on 01295 770789 .